- 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
- 2-5 years ArcSight experience using ArcSight Security Information and Event Management products, to include ArcSight Connectors, Logger, and Enterprise Security Manager (ESM).
- Hands-on ArcSight experience developing & managing use cases and content; Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, Active Lists, etc.
- 2-5 years Linux experience; 1-2 years of security experience; 1-2 years of data analysis; 1-2 years of consulting experience
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
- Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products.
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem; Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions).
- Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high-level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
- Experience with common security devices, such as IDS, routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls, etc.
- Programming languages: Perl, VBS, RegEx, Boolean, and Scripting skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other related field preferred or 12 years of equivalent work experience
- Information Security Certification(s), such as CISSP, ISSEP, GSEC, GCIA, GSLC, CEH, Security+ CE, strongly desired
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or (MCITP), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent.
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have an active Top Secret clearance.
Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."